View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 10:47 PM
IMFDB Admin

8. Dual-wielding Guns Shown Practical
As seen in: The Matrix trilogy, Last Man Standing, Shoot ‘Em Up, Woo flicks, etc., etc.,

Lets stop and think of the logic in this madness. If I have one gun, I can kill people. If I have two guns, can’t I kill even MORE people? This is clearly what Hollywood thinks.

Although Gary Busey might agree.

There’s actually a quote from Hard Boiled, a John Woo film starring Chow Yun-Fat, where his commanding officer quips, “Give a guy a gun and he’s Superman, give him two and he’s God!”

Pictured: God (according to Hong Kong action cinema

Anybody who has every fired a gun with one hand before knows it’s not easy to hit something because of human error. Now putting a gun in not only your dominant hand, but your non-dominant hand as well (your hand that has no skill at aiming, trigger control, recoil control, masturbation skills...), your chances of hitting anything are actually reduced.

Now because movie firearms can be reduced in weight and blanks create no felt recoil, Keanu can fire off a pair of Heckler & Koch MP5Ks without the slightest of worries.

"Like, totally dude."

Also, if you use enough slow motion, pretty effects and pretty actresses, you can make people forget things.

Like a petite woman in her 40’s could not dual wield two .50 AE Desert Eagles with such finesse, because a full grown man or woman has enough trouble firing one with two hands.

Hollywood vs. Realism

In short, realism gives people their just desserts... eagle.\

(more still to come, these take forever to make...)