View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 10:11 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Personally and I'm sure a lot agree with the fact that the rating system is bullshit and serves to limit what a movie can and cannot have. Like blood. If a movie has a lot of violence but little or no graphic display of blood, it's PG-13, but if there is gore, than it's R. Same with sexual content. If it's literal half ass, barely showing much and covered sex, it's PG13, but when full on nude with tits, it's R.

Same with swearing. A PG13 movie can say Fuck just once but dropping bombs and all the other words, R...
Its kind of weird as well how it has shifted over time, with more violence being allowed in PG-13 nowadays, but conversely you can show less nudity. I never understood the single "fuck" thing, if you say it, you say it, how many times seems irrelevant to me. They do occasionally give a PG-13 to films with more than one Fuck though, a recent example is "The Martian".

I'm assuming that with Suicide Squad there will be a ton of violence but very little blood, as they appear to be fighting supernatural non-bleeding creatures of some sort. My guess is that there will be one big cop-out with the rating, in that I bet that when the inevitably blow Slipknot's head off of his shoulders they will cut away and not actually show it.