Thread: Randomness 3
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
Allegedly the SIG beat them all, with the Beretta only being chosen based on its cheaper price tag.
I'm just going by what the article says. SIGs are neat, but the controls are basically a big "suck my Swiss dick!" to lefties because they're far back enough on the frame that you can't do the ol' "just use your damn index finger" trick. I personally, if I were in a situation in which I am issued a sidearm (never gonna happen, but hypothetically), would not feel comfortable with either the Beretta OR the SIG, but I'd be less uncomfortable with the SIG as long as the mags aren't garbage. I'm weird, though

The problem with the 459 is that it isn't really that good a fit for most people; you have to be used to it, and no way in hell is the average .mil folk that'd be issued it going to practice enough to get that proficiency and feel for it. I didn't shoot it for 6 months, and when I was finally able to I was all over the place with it just because I hadn't been able to keep practicing with it semi-regularly; imagine how bad people with no prior experience with pistols/firearms would do qualifying with it

http://www.introvertisland.com