View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 06:01 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
I remember the Stargate Atlantis page and I think the SG-1 page, the previous posters did the "alien weapons" that weren't real guns on those pages. I deleted them and even wrote on top, only real guns or guns built around real guns allowed.
I think there's nothing wrong with doing a small side note on the page as long as there aren't too many. Like STAR TREK, there are just too many fantasy weapons that they should not be listed unless they are based on real guns. After all RAMBO's knife and crossbows are listed in his movie pages, but I don't believe that non firearms merit their own pages in the FIREARMS category.

For example, I listed the CHIG battle rifle in Space Above and Beyond, because it was shown firing like a gun, but it was a pyrotechnic effect, not a real gun inside a sci fi outer shell. Also the Chig battle rifle doesn't merit it's own page on the guns page.

As for the 007 listing, I don't mind listing the Moonraker laser on the "moonraker" page but it does not merit a page on the GUN pages.