View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 06:26 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitoryu12 View Post
So if anyone has a request for a particular shop, like mixing up parts into a custom gun or seeing what this gun would look like with that stock, make a request and I'll try my best to make it come to life!
I don't know if any of you remember that there was a controversy some years back when a few members were taking my original images, photoshopping them into other variants, and then taking credit for the image 100%. It was a definite no no on IMFDB and a real no no in the world of Copyright. It was called 'making Franken guns". There is something about photoshopping guns like that which makes the gun look fake (like the shadows or light source at the adjoining parts don't match how the real gun would look). That's why I try to make a real variant and photograph that, so that the general public doesn't believe that most of IMFDB's gun catalog is of 'artist's rendition of guns'. Ugh. that would irritate me to no end.

Though I have obviously have no problem with PSing images of guns (I've fixed damage, shape of trigger guards, removed trademarks, removed rust, obscured serial numbers if the owner requests it, and fixed minor details like nicks, partial stickers and tags, fixed furniture, fixed optics, or color corrected the image due to weird lighting when the photo was taken.) But I have never created a gun out of thin air with PS. I think it should be avoided if at all possible. If the item is not possible to be created in real life, then the image should be listed as an 'artist' approximation using photoshop and crediting the original source material.