View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 02:28 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Today I saw Brave and Abe Lincoln Vampire hunter.

The Pixar movie was good. A pretty simple plot about a teen princess who wants her way getting along with her uptight mom and throw in some magical bears in the story

Abe Lincoln is actually pretty good. It is a basic plot about a young protege who wants revenge on someone for killing his family and the guy turns out to be a vampire, he then gets trained by a master "hunter" who turns out to be a vampire himself and we get allegories to slavery throughout human history how that inspired Abe to change US policies involving slavery even though the Civil War wasn't entirely about slavery but in the movie, the war ended up being a proxy war between Abe and the Vampire Nation in America.

The big message in the movie is obviously equality of all men even though from a historical standpoint it didn't change racism at all and Abe still ended up getting killed at the theater even though if you think about it, super Abe shoulda seen Booth coming at him if he was such a bad ass. Oh and he has a black partner throughout the movie for that whole equality message.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”