View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 06:08 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tim View Post
I think it was probably for the same reason as the Metroid Prime games; if Treyarch's games turned out to suck, Activision could have just told everyone to ignore them.

To be honest I tend to prefer the Treyarch games; Infinity Ward want to tell Big Significant Stories but their actual game design tends to be a little tepid; Treyarch make Big Stupid Games which are about having fun. IW let me roll around on an Abrams firing a minigun for a few seconds, Treyarch gave me a T-34 with infinite ammo, a flamethrower, and a furiously overacting Gary Oldman riding shotgun.

I know which one I preferred.

Also, Treyarch have been trying to do that RTS minigame for the last two instalments, I'm kind of interested to see where they're going with that.
I can understand Activision being a little gunshy about Treyarch after CoD3, but the WAW/BO trilogy was very well done. I remember explaining the CoD franchise to a buddy of mine and realizing how weird it was that the same franchise released vastly different games every year. I also like how Treyarch realizes it's just a game, and doesn't try shoehorning in stuff about duty and sacrifice next to a ham-fisted homage to The Rock

Activision just released an iOS app based on the Strike Team missions. I have their previous zombies game on my Android tablet. I've been hoping for a separate Zombies franchise since BO1. It sucks paying ten bucks for four new maps every time DLC rolls out since three of them are useless since I don't play multiplayer.