View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 05:53 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Default A gift from my wife. Low ser# Colt M1908/380.

I'm posting this on several different forums. I'm bragging on my wife so if you've already read this - well you know how it is. Nyles you would probably be the one other member here that would be the most interested in my antique.

My wife went to an auction today. An antique store had called it quits and the owner auctioned off the inventory. She (the owner) has an FFL and had a nice collection of older firearms. There were two Colt Model 1908's for sale. My wife got me the older one with the serial number 3XX. Yep that's it. Three numbers no more.

Much of the finish has been worn off in the past 102 years, but it's been from honest use.It has that nice antique patina. It does not appear to have been abused. No gouges, cracks, dents, ect.

She literally presented it to me about an hours ago and right now I'm on duty so I haven't had time to really look at it. But it appears to be in good mechanical shape. No corrossion, everything is smooth and pretty tight. All the safetys work ect.

I'll be posting photos of it in the near future. She got it for $400.00.

The first time my wife has ever bought me a gun as a gift in our twenty-two years together. Wow.