View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wingo View Post
Hanna got to New York from Europe with help from the CIA. Between the movie and my fic, she was approached at her cabin by a member of the more "white hat" elements of the CIA, who felt that they owed her for not only taking out a rogue agent (Marissa) but for helping to eliminate everyone who knew about Project Galinka, which could have caused a public relations catastrophe.

Hanna asked for a legal identity, enough money to get by on until she could support herself, and to be left alone by the CIA for the rest of her life. She chose New York because, having read about it in Erik's books, she liked the idea of a city where she could be around people and disappear into anonymity at the same time.
Seems good. Though I'd make it clear she doesn't fully trust the CIA and has multiple back-up/escape plans just in case. Also, why the Mini-14 instead of an AR-15? It's much rarer, with parts and magazines correspondingly scarce. If you want it due to the side-folding stock, you might check out the HK416C carbine with the much shorter stock. Or the Z-M LR300. There's got to be several ARs with side-fold stocks.
Here's some links: http://www.rbprecision.com/id51.htm
http://www.impactguns.com/rock-river...ne-lr1297.aspx

Why'd you switch to a Mossberg rather than a Remington for the shotgun?
FYI, check out the pictures of Lyndsy Fonseca with the Bennelli Nova on the Nikita Season 2 page. She about 1-2 inches shorter than Saoirse Ronan, who played Hanna.

I might give her a Kel-Tec PMR-30 as a car/motorcycle gun. 30 rounds of .22 Magnum is nice when you're trying to drive and shoot. It's no elephant gun, but it can still kill. You could always make it full-auto.

The CIA can do one better than giving her a new identity. They can make her a US citizen. In 1949, Congress passed the so-called 100 Persons Act, allowing the CIA to make 100 aliens a year US Citizens. That's what she wants. Thank you, Tom Clancy!

Wait a second, if she's not fighting the CIA, who is she fighting? 17 ounce soft drinks?

Last edited by Mandolin; 02-19-2013 at 06:20 PM.