View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 11:05 PM
IMFDB Admin

Playing devil's advocate here: I'm always being asked by NON GUN OWNERS "What is your favorite gun?" Since I don't want to say "I love them all for different reasons" I always point out that guns are tools (without disparaging them). Seriously, they are TOOLS, beautiful and cool TOOLS but tools none the less. Some of them are fine art! Some of them are UGLY but loved no less than a beautiful one. Some of them are mediocre looking but very reliable, etc. But they all serve a practical function which other things like jewelry or art does not.

I think that attitude comes more from guys who already have TONS of guns. They're just tired and somewhat cynical because of the overbearing energy that overly excited gun geeks get over stuff. I count myself amongst them. I actually don't like it when someone asks me "So what is your favorite gun?" because I think it's an irrelevant question for someone like me who has no favorite and who likes many many different types for different reasons.

Now I don't act all mad or anything if anyone asks that, I just say either "I like them all" or the "It's a tool, whatever I need from the tool box, I like best at the time". It depends on the person asking.