View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 10:49 AM
Formerly "Checkman"
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEMack618 View Post
I originally posted this at the Firing Line...

What is with all this defeatism?

I read some posts here that make it seem like we're in a French HQ in April of 1940. The Panzers aren't knocking at the door.

Write/call/email/fax your Congressional reps. We don't have to budge on one single thing.

As General Forrest said so eloquently "Keep up the skeer."
Amen. I posted something similar a couple days ago over on the Smith & Wesson forum. I'm getting tired off all the doomsayers. My response to one poster who has basically given up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Practical View Post
Your letter or email has very little effect. YOU MUST CALL and SEND MONEY to the NRA or your state organization.
I disagree. I wrote all my reps and I got response back from all three of them. I also belong to the NRA. I guess if your rep is a proven anti then there is no point writing or calling.But if they're somewhere in the middle it does pay off to keep up the pressure. Also George Soros is wealthy but he isn't God and he isn't invincible.

There are many wealthy and influential people on our side. We also have organization, passion and money. Geez guys stop giving everything to the anti's. you sound like some of the doomsayers at the start of WW II who kept going on and on about the Japanese and German "supermen" and how we were so outclassed. Yet somehow we pulled out a win.

If you really think we're that outclassed just turn in your guns and give up. At least you won't have to worry about it anymore.