View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 02:15 AM

(Issued my weapon?- though that would be cool but I think it would be irresponsible on the National Guard's part since I do not go to Basic until January and no weapons training)

Its an understandable mistake because RSP is relatively new in Maryland I think (Recruit Sustainment Program) They send Pre-basic training National Guard "warriors" (as that is what they call us before basic for some reason lol), Post Basic - Pre AIT soldiers, and National Guard troops getting ready to be transferred to their new unit after AIT.

I got issued my Army Physical Training Uniform(I was also supposed to get issued a DCU kamelback but they ran out before I was issued one ); 4 hours of death by powerpoint outlining the Army Values, Rank Structure, Military Time,and the NATO Phonetic Alphabet.

Most of the time we practiced PT, marching, formations and stuff like that.
I actually liked all of it except for standing in formation in the Parade rest pose ;in front of the Commissioned officers.
We must have been standing still for at least 30 minutes and it made my feet hurt like hell.
I would rather march for an hour then stand at parade rest for an hour.

Overall though it was good.

Last edited by AdAstra2009; 09-21-2009 at 02:18 AM.