View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 01:31 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

In a lot of movies, we rarely seen the good guys carry extra mags. Sometimes we see maybe one or two mag reloads and the scenes they are walking into are literal war zones. Like in Punisher War zone, we see the actor Ray Stevenson had some training, in the behind the scenes, he was drilled by US Marines, but in character, he didn't carry enough mags for his M4 to last the entire battle. He had to bust out his extra handguns to shoot around. I mean who carries 4 sidearms into battle with his primary? He had his custom M4, 2 full auto Beretta 92s, a USP compact and then a customized S&W 500. He could of had room for several more M4 mags in place of those extra handguns.

Some of the only movies were we see the character carry a descent amount of extra magazines for anything was in Heat where everyone carried what I can see more than 6 extra mags. In Terminator Salvation, Christian Bale as John Connor carried so many extra mags, he had some on his arms and extra grenades for his M203. Now that is preparing for war with the machines.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”