View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Still, "hordes of looters and malcontents" arising after a breakdown in law and order isn't very far from a "zombie uprising" amongst the minds of "preppers" everywhere, and a much more realistic possibility. Sadly, a similar situation arose in Algiers Point, New Orleans in the aftermath of the Katrina storm, and it didn't end well for those on the wrong side of people who merely thought they had come to the town to pillage and loot.
They neglect to mention in the article that the situation in Louisiana got much worse after the authorities began confiscating civilian-owned firearms. I know many people who would have been harmed or killed in the aftermath if it were not for their guns and the guns of those around them, and while my father was up there as a Search & Rescue volunteer, his Colt AR-15 convinced a group of young men in New Orleans that continuing to try to rape a young woman and hack her brother to death with machetes would be incredibly hazardous to their health. While what happened at Algiers Point was an entirely avoidable tragedy, such an event is not an accurate representation of the way armed citizens behaved during the disaster.

http://www.introvertisland.com