View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 11:48 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
That sums it up for me, I listen to it before lifts, runs, while playing football with friends or something, but i dont play metal while i hang around the house or anything.
I don't even find that metal is that good for working out, especially the 80s hair metal. The entire reason I have my iPod at the gym is because 90% of the time, they've got some 80s rock station blaring AC/DC or Poison from the speakers, and that's not what gets me pumped up. I mostly listen to pop, hip-hop, and electronic music while lifting - mostly because that's the kind of stuff you hear at clubs, so it reminds me why I'm even at the gym in the first place.

Also, when I think of hair metal fans, I always think of 40-something ex-jocks who have an unhealthy obsession with their high school football days, and teenagers who are ex-jocks in the making. Which is not me, to the say the least (or my generation, for that matter). Maybe I wouldn't mind it so much if those dudes and their music didn't monopolize every gym where I've ever been a member.

That being said, I do have a special place in my heart for "Right Now" by Van Halen. It's one of those songs that motivates me to do almost anything, and which I still listen to on a regular basis.

Last edited by MT2008; 05-02-2010 at 11:53 PM.