View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 01:01 AM

I'd rather have the ability to strike a bullet a second time than not, I'll agree with that sentiment, but in the event of a real issue, granted both my arms are working, I'd sooner jack the bad round out than try it again. And I'd like a citation for your statistic as well for the sake of your argument as well as my own benefit. I've had a handful of cases where a round would still not go off after 2-3 strikes, and I believe I had one decide to go off on a second strike, but I don't recall that clearly. For the most part though I still don't think you can trust a dud and you'd do better to get a fresh round in your gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wolf View Post
BTW I know how to reload and rack the slide of a pistol with one hand. You put the pistol between your thighs with the mag-well forward, you insert a mag with your remaining hand, and then you take the pistol and catch the the slide or rear sight on your pants or belt and rack the slide. Boom, you just reloaded your auto-pistol and are back in action, and all with one hand.
I can actually vouch for this being completely doable for ejecting a bad round. My buddy demonstrated something similar to this this a few times with his CZ P-01, though he moved the slide on the rear of his shoe in a kneeling stance instead of his belt, as it is a harder surface and makes things easier. No, it's not as fast as double striking, but it's doable and it rids you of your failed round.

The main point though is that double striking is only good if you trust the dud round to go off. I personally can't do that and I don't think anyone should. You might as well trust a gun that is prone to jamming if you're to trust a bullet that you know has failed.