View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:52 PM

Post Update 2.51

Here is my current list:

Assault Rifle: Heckler & Koch G36C (with factory vertical foregrip).

Shotgun: 12-gauge Remington 870 "Witness Protection."

Handgun: 2 Gen4 Glock 26s (kept in underarm tactical holsters; uses 12-round magazines).

Submachine Gun: 9mm IMI Mini-Uzi.

Sniper Rifle: Thompson Center Arms Encore Rifle (.30-06 Springfield chambering; screws and pivot pin modified to allow the rifle to be assembled and disassembled without tools; end of barrel threaded to accept custom-made suppressor).

Backup Gun: Walther PPS (.40 S&W chambering).

I know most of you suggested that the sniper rifle use the readily-available .308 Winchester, but frankly, the amount of drop it has at long range seemed a bit much compared to the .30-06, which is also very common worldwide with a flatter trajectory and less recoil.

It has also been suggested that the .40 S&W PPS is too powerful for someone as small as Hanna, to which I reply: Dude, did you even SEE the movie? A 16-year-old girl who is strong enough to drag a 300 lb. caribou carcass roughly a mile without getting visibly winded can probably handle the slightly greater recoil. Besides, isn't a backup gun supposed to be a heavier caliber than your standard gun? You'd only draw it when your others failed, so you'd want something that could cause a little more damage.