View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 03:24 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
Page listed:

- No poster or cover art (or off size / bad quality art)
-Other than the initial summary, no descriptors for the weapons usage or captions for screencaps (if any)
- Guns listed but out of every ten examples, perhaps there are screencaps outlining the use of one or two
- Guns listed but out of every ten, perhaps a third have gun images

overall the page looks really incomplete. Sure, we get a general summary of what the show is, but it looks to be less than 30% done when compared to a 100% complete IMFDB page. There are some that are more complete than that, but they fall into the same category of "The creator lost interest immediately and moved on to something else"

Sure 15% is more of a 'insult'. I am sure very few pages are only 15% complete but the intent is that people should complete their damned pages before they ride off and create four or five more in the course of a couple of days.
Fair enough. But is it still OK to do pages like this:

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Blackjack

These pages have everything except screencaps. I do these kinds of pages whenever I watch something on TV but don't have a copy to screencap. Or, sometimes I watch a streaming version online, but the quality is so low that I'm not sure I should bother.

I figure that even if the page doesn't have screencaps, it can still be useful to our readers as long as it's in proper format and it gives them good reference for who used what gun in the movie.