View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 06:42 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Not a real gun, but here's my latest purchase: With all the years that I've been an IMFDB member, and my longstanding interest in movie guns, I suppose it's a surprise that I didn't do this sooner, but I finally bought a screen-used rubber prop gun from Propstore. Specifically, I bought a Steyr SPP that was used in "Stratton":

https://propstore.com/product/stratton/steyr-spp-gun/

(Propstore still lists this weapon for sale, so I'm guessing that they either haven't updated the site yet to reflect that I bought it, or they have more than one SPP in inventory.)

I've thought about getting a screen-used rubber gun from Propstore for a while, but often, those things are pricey (sometimes as much as real guns), especially if used by one of the movie's stars. And since I'd rather spend my money on real guns, it's usually hard for me to motivate myself to buy something fake like this - same reason I don't buy airsoft guns anymore. But, I've always been curious to find out what these rubber guns are like, and once Propstore knocked down the price by 50%, I figured I'd spend a little money to find out. (Though even a rubber gun listed at $69 costs a LOT more with shipping from the U.K.)

I'll post pictures later on once I have a chance. Side note: Did anyone see where the hell the Steyr SPPs appear in the movie? I watched the movie on Prime video this weekend and I never saw an SPP anywhere, though there are lots of scenes where terrorists are seen firing at the protagonists from a distance (or being shot and falling) where the guns could have been used.

Last edited by MT2008; 07-12-2020 at 12:30 AM.