View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 06:38 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
But seriously, I have seen a couple of British users who have given us lots of problems. I remember I once asked a user (whose profile identified his location as the U.K.) not to upload pics of guns we already had. He responded to me with insults and profanity, and after I temp-banned him, he used another IP to vandalize my talk page. As for Moviemaster himself, when MPM explained our policy on images to him, he responded with an anti-American tirade. I realize that these anecdotes hardly say anything about English IMFDB users in general, but it is just a little weird.
It's basically a scaled-up version of general childish dislike of any kind of authority; at a certain age, any authority figure is automatically stupid and terrible, from your older siblings, parents and teachers to the government. Obviously for Americans that's where the buck stops, but for kids from other countries they can mindlessly dislike America because it's a Big Authority Figure Nation (TM).

So basically it's the same reason he doesn't get along with other users, write properly or understand the concept of following rules.