View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 05:18 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoviePropMaster2008 View Post
On a happier note, I contacted his parent wiki group and informed them of numerous copyright violations pertaining to my images. What offended me was that he posted them as "property of Moviemaster1993" or something like that. No attributions, nothing. I will be filing a DMCA take down order when I get the chance.
Although I've never shared your enthusiasm for keeping IMFDB's gun images exclusive, this is one case where I definitely agree with you. I don't care if he wants to start his own pathetic Wiki to compete with ours, but I sure as hell don't want him using our images and claiming they're his, while whining about what fascists we are. After all, it's not like he doesn't know exactly where the images come from. Whereas many of the people who have used our gun pics without permission most likely just found them on a quick Google search and weren't aware of our policy regarding their use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwolf66 View Post
If he acts in real life the way he does online it won't be lawyers knocking on his door it will be the cops or worse.
More likely, the men in white coats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wierd It View Post
*headdesk*
Don't worry, I promise that MPM and the rest of us still love you guys. Even though you're all gun-hating, monarchy-worshiping pussies. :P

But seriously, I have seen a couple of British users who have given us lots of problems. I remember I once asked a user (whose profile identified his location as the U.K.) not to upload pics of guns we already had. He responded to me with insults and profanity, and after I temp-banned him, he used another IP to vandalize my talk page. As for Moviemaster himself, when MPM explained our policy on images to him, he responded with an anti-American tirade. I realize that these anecdotes hardly say anything about English IMFDB users in general, but it is just a little weird.

Of course, some of our most annoying forum trolls (PersonOfInterest, BurtReynoldsMoustache, Sillybunz, etc.) have been Americans.

Last edited by MT2008; 07-13-2011 at 05:35 PM.