View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 02:00 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingJames View Post
Well I'm not a bullshitter. Jeez man, chill out.

I'm not sure where you fostered this attitude, but in this case it happens to be a reseller, not a manufacturer, making the claim.

http://www.speedytoys.com/shop/

Scroll down, you'll see what I'm talking about.

That rifle IS an airsoft gun. It's a UTG.

I used to work a lot with maxsell armory in florida, and they provided guns to several movies including the most recent Shaft film.

I don't just pull nonsense out of thin air ya know.
I'm totally chill. You don't seem to be, however. I also didn't call you a bullshitter, but I am saying that you are buying into someone else's bullshit.

Airsoft manufacturers and retailers are both notorious for BS. Not that there aren't instances of airsoft guns being used in movies (I've spotted plenty of obvious examples myself), but I'm familiar enough with the airsoft community to know how much people lie to (A.) sell their products, or (B.) convince themselves that they have the same prop that was used in their favorite action movie. I remember seeing a guy on "Airsoft Retreat" who claimed that his uncle was a "grip" on the movie "Tears of the Sun", and that all of the M4s in that movie (which he mistakenly called SR16s) were airsoft. And this was one of the site's senior members!

That's just the way things are. So, until I see definitive proof, I am inclined to take their claims with a very large grain of salt.