Thread: Taurus Judge
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 02:45 AM
IMFDB Admin

Default Taurus Judge

I recently had to test fire a Taurus Judge Public Defender for a customer of my dad's. He said the hammer was too hard for him to cock and wanted the hammer spring and trigger lightened. The fact it has a hammer spur is I think a pretty clear indicator you're supposed to fire it double action typically, but it's quite easy to cock to single action if you pull the trigger a little first to clear the hammer back some. But anyway I shot some 410 shells through this thing and while the grip was a little too small to hold well, I thought it was pretty nice to shoot and had acceptable recoil. After experiencing it first hand I don't knock it quite as hard as I used to. I think it would actually make a decent CC handgun. The only problem with it is it's very innacurate. It wasn't hitting anything more than 10 yards away. I was using birdshot though, I assume the buckshot rounds would fair a little better, but I doubt the .45 LCs would because of the short barrel. So if you don't need to be a marksman at variable ranges, it's a pretty intimidating little piece for CQB. What do you guys think of it?