View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 10:10 PM

+1 Nyles, on the SCAR stuff and the HK stuff. Money talks, and in this case it doesn't; The SCAR is neat but all the tacticoolness and futrueweapon and game plugs it gets won't override the fact that it isn't that different or that much more effective from the M4s we already use, at least when you factor in what every gamer or futureweapon fanboy overlooks, unit cost and training.

They might have a hefty price tag and they might not like the civilian market but that doesn't mean their products are bad. Aside from their frequent avoidance of the button release (which is similar in actuation to the AK by the way), and the crappy trigger and bulkiness of the USP I don't see much wrong with the guns. Even so, one or two ergonomic gripes is not enough to make a weapon "junk". S&W thinks his 4506 is too big, My 92SB is a little on the heavy side, the Browning's old style safety is a little difficult to firmly engage/disengage, but does that mean they are all junk? By your logic, yes, but no, they're not. They are accurate and reliable guns that are a joy to shoot and a pleasure to own. Just because you have a political or economic problem with a company, or they have a few subjective ergonomic oversights, doesn't make their products complete crap. I wouldn't mind a USP or HK-91 in the least.