View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 04:30 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdAstra2009 View Post
There needs to be some sort of quality control over the quotes that go in. I think the following quotes should be deleted for the following reasons.

'''Johnny "Madcap" Tyler ([[Billy Bob Thorton]]):''' Listen, Mister! I'm gettin' awful tired of your...(Wyatt slaps Johnny)
'''Wyatt Earp ([[Kurt Russell]]):''': I'm gettin' real tired of your gas, now jerk that pistol and go to work! {Wyatt slaps him again) I said, throw down, boy! (Wyatt slaps him again) You gonna do something or just stand there and bleed? --''[[Tombstone]]''

REASON: Not really gun related
It does have pistol mentioned, but with the slapping being inserted, it doesn't make it all that good.

Quote:
'''Agent Lilly Raines ([[Rene Russo]]):''' What are you looking at?
'''Agent Frank Horrigan ([[Clint Eastwood]]):''' I was just wondering, where do you hide your firearm? Don't tell me, let me guess. --''[[In the Line of Fire]]''

REASON:Not really a clever quote/gun oriented
No, not really that clever.
Quote:
'''Nick ([[Aaron Eckhart]]):''' Why didn't you use a silencer, Casey?
'''Casey ([[Thomas Jane]]):''' You wanna go door-to-door and tell everybody my f**king name?!? --''[[Thursday]]''

No it's not, I did add the other Thursday quote "There's a .45 in the fridge and you grab a frying pan."

Quote:
'''The Schofield Kid ([[Jaimz Woolvett]]):''' It don't seem real... how he ain't gonna never breathe again, ever... how he's dead. And the other one too. All on account of pulling a trigger.
'''William Munny ([[Clint Eastwood]]):''' It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.
'''The Schofield Kid:''' Yeah, I guess they had it coming.
'''William Munny:''' We all have it coming, kid. -- ''[[Unforgiven]]''

I add that one. "Pulling a trigger" gun related.

Quote:
'''Charles Brubaker ([[James Brolin]]):''' Anyone want the gun?
'''Peter Willis ([[Sam Waterston]]):''' I'd shoot my foot. (Brubaker tries to hand the gun to John Walker)
'''John Walker ([[O.J. Simpson]]):''' I'd shoot ''his'' foot. --''[[Capricorn One]]''

REASON: Not really clever/striking
No it's not clever.
Quote:
'''Wyatt Earp ([[Kurt Russell]]): ''' Go ahead. Skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.. --''[[Tombstone]]''

REASON: Not Gun Related
It's been a while since I watched Tombstone. I'm pretty sure smoke wagon means gun.
Quote:
'''Lucky Ned Pepper ([[Robert Duvall]]):''' What's your intention? Do you think one on four is a dogfall?
'''Rooster Cogburn ([[John Wayne]]):''' I mean to kill you in one minute, Ned. Or see you hanged in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's convenience. Which'll it be?
'''Lucky Ned Pepper:''' I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.
'''Rooster Cogburn:''' Fill your hands, you son of a bitch! --''[[True Grit]]''

REASON: Not Gun Related at all
I enjoy the quote, fill your hands means get your guns ready.