View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 05:55 AM

I have gotten a mountain of stuff since I last posted and I have some other doodads in the pipeline, but I wanted to share one purchase I'm particularly happy to have obtained, a 1991 Beretta 92FS.

The pictures make the marks on the finish look worse than they are. It's in fantastic overall shape for being as old as me. It came with the original box, original cleaning brush, and an original alloy base 15 round magazine. No warning labels, straight dust cover, made in Italy. I've found that Bruniton Italian preban 92FS's have also become particularly rare, even more rare than Inox models. Aside from an American F (the Beretta used in Die Hard and Lethal Weapon which secured the gun's status in popular culture), this is the quintessential Beretta 92, as it is the pinnacle of the gun's development, and cleaner and cooler than post ban and current production models with cost cutting design compromises and excessive markings.

For me in particular, this gun is also a reclaimed birthright. My dad was in the Army in the 1980's, and from what my family has told me, he purchased a Beretta 92 of some sort when he was discharged. At some point, though, he pawned the gun off and I have no idea where it is now. If he still had it, it'd be in my collection by now I'm sure, but it's lost forever. So, being an ideal model, and being a gun manufactured in my birth year of 1991, this 92FS will serve as an appropriate surrogate. I'm never selling this one.