View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 08:03 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybunz13 View Post
This is a forum for weapons of choice for zombie survival in a realistic way. We're not trying to prove that zombie will come or eventually come. If you want, start another forum on how zombie invasions would never happen.

I was just proving a point that a pump action shotgun and a revolver for a zombie infestation (not even for a battle or war) is not that good of a choice.
I understand that, but read what you just wrote, surviving against zombies in a realistic way. We have no set rules for zombies, because they're a product of different sources of pop culture. How do we stop them? Well, one film says one way, another film says another way, and basic biology says yet another way. Which way do you want to go with? Define the threat. There isn't one way to stop zombies, because there's no definitive set of rules regarding zombies. We don't even know where they came from. In 28 Days later, it was a disease and they're fast. But in Shaun of the Dead, it's radiation, and they're slow. And in Resident Evil, it's medical experimentation, and they're fast again.

And I defend my choice of a pump and revolver, because the zombies that I'm referring to are slow. (Why slow? Why not? And you can't tell me differently.) And as I've seen in a pistol comp, once you're out of mags, you're done. You can barricade yourself in a Dick's Sport Goods with pallets of 9mm, but if you only have three pistol mags, only the ammo in those three mags will be of any use to you. With a pump, where you can load one at a time, you can last as long as you have ammo. Want a "realistic" scenario? How many mags do you have in your house at this moment? Because zombies, slow or fast, probably won't wait for you to find an abandoned National Guard armory.