Thread: Call Of Duty
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 05:03 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

Actually, it makes some kind of sense. Let's assume that the Russians got thousands of troops into the East Coast with tons and tons of fighters, tanks, AFVs, troop transports and long range communications to make contact with Russian about their progress.

Price asked Shepard is he willing to do whatever it takes to win. And this nuke is launched and detonated in the upper atmosphere. Think 007 Golden Eye. A nuke detonated in the atmosphere won't be radioactive to anyone except in space, but the EMP burst will rain down on the general area of where it exploded. I don't know if the EMP could wipe out the entire east coast like that, but basically, that one EMP took out every electrical equipment on the East Coast, comms, vehicles, fighters, optics on rifles. They've all shut down. So essentially, the Russian troops on the East Coast are cut off to tell Russia of their progress, they lost their air support on the front line while the US reinforcements can be brought in from the west, the Russians have lost their armor, troop transportation, while the US can bring in everything they can bear right away. So all that's left of the Russians to deal with on the East Coast would be their infantry, which has no comms, no armor or air support.

It'll be messy as fuck to clean up, but essentially, it's over for the Russians.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”