View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 12:46 PM

A game that i'm trying to get my hands on is VSB1 which is aparently based on OFP. So i'll report back when i get the chance to play it .

Also, Operation Flashpoint: Dragoon Rising is out in the US i believe. Though it probably wouldn't work on my medium end PC, so i probably won't get to play it for a while .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzer View Post
For some people, that's true. Games like Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 are fine with them. However, there are a considerable amount of people out there who would like to a have a more realistic shooter. Yes, games are there to get you away from real life, but they do that by letting you experience something that you probably never will. For instance, most of us aren't going to be on an Elite Counter-Terrorist team, doesn't mean we wouldn't like to pretend we are in a game. And the realism just makes it more believable and essentially more fun.
I feel the same way. I find realistic shooting game's to be far more interesting. Just personally, i get more easily immersed in a atmosphere of a realistic game. Also, I think you make a good point in saying that even the more realistic shooter's provide something that the player is unlikely to experience in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca1_9904 View Post
My experience with FPS games based on modern military combat is somewhat limited, but I would suggest the America's Army series (the PC versions; can't speak for the console spin-offs). With the exception of the heavy recruiting material filling the game, it's actually quite realistic; you take a burst from an enemy's AK and you're in a world of hurt, if not dead outright, with no respawn until the round is over (your character can also die from their wounds if not promptly treated by a medic). America's Army 3 seems to be the most realistic thus far as far as weapon performance, once you get past all the glitches...
I haven't actually played America's Army before. Sound pretty cool, so I think i'll download it from steam when my download limit recharges.