View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 08:17 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybunz13 View Post
Every round fired is accounted for and all characters reload when appropriate, with the exception of one sequence in the brothel courtyard where Parker and Longbaugh fire dozens of rounds in rapid succession without pausing to reload: an intentional sort of fun tribute to classic action movies.
You got that from IMDB's Trivia section for the movie. Next time, please cite it.

The person who wrote that comment on IMDB took it from the DVD commentary. Although McQuarrie claims that every round fired in the movie is accounted for (except for the courtyard shootout), I personally think he's exaggerating. Characters fire more ammo than their weapons hold in more scenes than just that one (i.e. in the motel shootout, Jeffers fires 25 rounds from his USP without reloading).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybunz13 View Post
Plus the 1911s in the movie were 9mm so they would shoot more than a .45 version would.
The Mark IV Series 70 (the type they used) takes a 9-shot magazine, which is not substantially more than the .45 ACP version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
I didn't think much of The Way of the Gun when I saw it back in high school. But I rented it a few months back and then bought it on Blu-Ray.
Likewise. I saw it first about 5 years ago and didn't care much for it (thought it ripped off Tarantino too much). But I watched it again recently, and now I have to admit that I enjoy it more than I used to.

That being said, I still don't think it's quite as realistic as some gun guys claim it is (even though the CQB tactics are used quite well).

Last edited by MT2008; 11-22-2010 at 08:20 PM.