Thread: Anti Gun movies
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 07:04 PM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
Theres a myth and a half. So many people claim having anything class 3 means the atf swings by doing random inspections, that you give up privacy rights, etc. In reality all you deal with is the paperwork and the wait. My state allows class 3s and guys at my range do subgun shoots on the idpa ranges. Never been given a problem, the myth is probablly made by brady bunchers trying to keep you from having one. Id like a .22 with a supressor some day for plinking at places where you can shoot but noise causes complaints. A full auto .22 would be the ultimate plinker.
I got to shoot a full-auto .22 once. It was a Ruger 10/22 converted with some special pre-ban open bolt mod. Fired at about 1100rpm, and it was awesome to shoot with 50 round pre-ban mags. Even though each run through was an entire box of rounds, and the barrel would get pretty hot.

It hadn't been cleaned well enough so it jammed, which took some of the enjoyment out of rocking and rolling with it. Gun had no kick but the muzzle climb was tough to handle. I was like 13 at the time, so maybe now I'd be able to control it, but at the time it just jumped right up. Don't know what became of that gun, but I'd love to see it again.