View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 11:38 PM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel View Post
In the 80's the P7 was the flavor of the day, and so was in a lot of tv shows and movies usually used by the villain, but there were a few shows that didn't make it where the hero used one. I saw the VP70s in shows during the late 70s, like "A Man Called Sloane", but the P9S was more popular. It really stood out to me in "Endangered Species".
Hmmm, yeah, I guess I haven't seen enough movies and shows from the 80s. I have seen the P9S in lots of stuff from that era, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel View Post
I read an article in the 90s that said that most of the Berettas that you saw in movies and tv show were actually Taurus PT92s. Robert Urich's Beretta in Spenser: For Hire was a Taurus with Beretta grips on it.
Yes, this is correct. I don't know if the majority were, but a very large percentage of guns mistaken for the Beretta 92F in cinema/TV are actually Taurus PT92s. Many IMFDB editors didn't even know how to tell the difference between the two guns before I joined this site (and the main reason I know the difference is because I used to own a PT92).