View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 06:02 AM
IMFDB Admin

Hahahaha lol

BTW, guys, there is a WHOLE CHECKLIST that this guy jumped ahead on...

First of all, these are LIVE weapons, so..

1) Who are you?
2) What is your production company?
3) Do you have a licensed armorer on set?
4) Do you have any idea what the rental rate is for each item?
5) Are you prepared to put up a full replacement deposit (most smaller companies that don't have multi-million dollars loss policies like major studios do, have to either put up a full security deposit.
6) Do you have production insurance? (we don't want to end up being sued for someone's ill advised actions on the set).
7) Do you know what the day rate for one of OUR armorers/assts. is to go out to you?
8) Did you take into account shipping or travel arrangements?
9) Are there any special permits by YOUR local law enforcement to have these items show up?
10) You do realize that being in a different country almost makes it impossible. Within a country is one thing, between different countries requires Customs, agreements, contracts to bring weapons INTO the country, etc. Contrary to popular opinion, Canada is not just an extension of the United States.
11) Did you realize that you have armorers in CANADA who are already in your country?

Most people laugh at the fact that the kid wants NFA weapons shipped to him no questions asked. My first thought is that it is pretty insulting for him to assume that (a) this stuff is FREE (b) that I'd rush to next day air mail them to him (which is illegal) and (c) no comment nor dialogue on payment, rentals, deposits or insurance.

But as I said, I get contacted like this several times a year, sometimes as much as once a month. All the Armorers in CA have this horror story, but I think some of them are more 'shielded from this type of stupidity'. For one, CW and ISS have admin (secretarial) staff that filters these types of inquiries from bothering the folks who handle the guns