View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 03:36 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster45 View Post
While I hate that I can't get any new 30 round mags for any of my guns, doesn't limiting assault rifles to ten round mags kill the danger of them? Now all these guns are 10 shots, so even on full auto these guns have been dampended down. They pretty much pussied-up the coolest guns now, so who cares if they are considered assault weapons?

The dumb thing is you can still buy pre-ban hi-cap mags, so if you buy a mag before the ban, no prob. Totally kills the point, another useless law.

Did you guys know the Browning A5 and Ruger 10/22 were on the assault weapons ban list? WHAT THE HELL? A 10/22 is a 10 shot sporting rifle. The most it every saw action with was personal plinkers who used suppressed ones to kill pigeons in NYC. I mean, if you build up a 10/22 with one of those Krinker/Plinker kits to make it look like a Krinkov assault carbine, then it looks scary but with a 10 round mag, it is still just a .22 (I hate using that term but I'm not talking ballistics so I can use it here).

The A5? A 90 year old 5 shot shotgun, benign as can be, built as a sporting gun by Browning, a lover of sport shooting. I can't even image why it was banned, did the hump back look scary?

If we discuss gun laws here, we can piss and moan all we want but it won't make any difference. Unless by a 1 in a 1,000,000 chance, Joe Biden and Barrack Obama are web surfing and see this and go, "Wow, these guys are right. What were we thinking?" Hell, more like 0 in a million.
Remind me...was the Mini-14 on the list?