View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 11:11 PM
IMFDB Admin

When it comes to triggers, I prefer about 3.5lbs. I was taught to pull the trigger with the tip of my finger, because it is the most sensitive and since you aren't wrapping your whole finger around the trigger, the gun has less chance of pulling to the left or right. When I pull double action, I use the second tier (or whatever you'd call it) of my finger (or at the bend), so I have better leverage.

I always feel like I sound preachy when I talk about technique, so my apologies if I come off that way to anybody. I'm far from a perfect shooter, but I figure it doesn't hurt to pass on knowledge for others to try out. I've had some teachings from competition shooters (some guys get there guns fixed at the shop, and when they test fire, they give pointers), as well as just watching shows like The Best Defense or reading up online, to accumulate some different techniques.

To reiterate, I am not preaching anything as THE way to shoot. Everybody has their own preferences and methods to suite them, I just share mine and what I've learned.