View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 03:27 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Or people who can't keep up with ever-increasing computer performance standards for games...

I remember when I wanted to get Max Payne 2 for the PC. My computer at the time was near-infinitely more than capable of handling the original Max Payne with no problems. That said, that particular computer wouldn't have ran MP2 without graphical issues out the ass.

That, and other games, is what finally turned me off to PC gaming.
True, and I admit that I used to be tempted to go to consoles when I got frustrated that my computer couldn't play the latest, greatest game at high-resolution with all the high-detail features turned on, because my graphics card and CPU weren't high-end enough.

That being said, PC games can be modded. If you buy one game, you've bought all the free mods that can be added to it. It's a trade-off I'm willing to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9870 View Post
And the fact console controlers are much better and easier to use. I love how consoles dont get out of date.
I find it way easier to use a keyboard and mouse than a controller. And consoles DO get out of date eventually, just not quite as fast as PCs do. Most new consoles last about 4 years before the next generation comes along, whereas PCs are only like 2-3 years at best.