View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 07:05 AM
IMFDB Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2008 View Post
Right, so are you arguing that RKBAers have the right to threaten their own for not conforming 100% to the party line? I really hope not. .
Nope. Not at all. I'm not condoning the threats of violence or extreme criticism. That's patently ridiculous. But I'm trying to point out that I understand where the extreme frustration (and silly actions like threats) come from. Everyone has their breaking point. I don't have to agree with them, but I can recognize what pushed them to that point. What I wonder is, does anyone else?

Well, that word constraint didn't help him any did it? I still opine that he could have avoided the explosion of pent up resentment and frustration of people 'pushed to the edge' by at least acknowledging the untrustworthiness of the other side. To promote something and APPEAR blissfully ignorant of the malicious intent of the opposing side** does push people's buttons.

**And before anyone else misconstrues my words, I don't mean "well meaning people who are horrified by gun violence who want a solution". I don't hate those folks. I sympathize with those folks. I'm talking about the liars, the charlatans, the people who jump on the bandwagon for purely self promotional reasons. I hate the folks who twist things around, with a real streak of vindictiveness against gun owners

I think we all agree that death threats are stupid and uncalled for. I would never defend that. I DO observe that much of the gun friendly media seems to live in a bubble that doesn't recognize a hardcore enemy when he emerges.