View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkman View Post
When I met my wife (Many years ago ) she hated firearms. She was a classic liberal Portland Oregonian. But she liked me (a short haired reactionary from Eastern Idaho) so she learned to tolerate my interest. Of course then came the years in the Army and now police work and she has just accepted that guns are part of the family dynamic.

Gradually I've taught her a few things about firearms. But she is a collector of vintage clothing and what not. She's very knowledgable and she figured out that the rules for collecting vintage stuff (like don't refinish and low serial numbers) applied to guns. So she has developed my interest in old fireams. She prefers old firearms to all the new black Ninja firearms. Guess they don't seem as intimidating to her. That's okay with me because I like them as well.

Anyway it was my wife who saw the low serial number and she knows that Colt handguns are a big deal. So she went for it.

She gets the Wife of the Year award in my book. But that now means I'm really going to have to wow her this coming Sunday - which is Mother's Day.

Oh the pressure.
4 words: gold plated Rolls Royce

http://www.introvertisland.com