View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 06:08 PM
IMFDB Admin

Default UPDATE: Wikipedia acts quickly :)

As I expected WIKIPEDIA immediately put a STOP to the piracy as I knew they would. Wikipedia's MODS are really diligent about protecting IP rights

Quote:
I have now marked the image for immediate deletion due to copyright violation. Additionally, I have isolated one more image uploaded by the same user and lifted from your site. I have also posted a stern warning on the user's talk page and alerted the administrators, asking them to delete all uploads by the same user:

OTRS has received notice (ticket 2011012810005509) from the original photographer that the copyrighted image Px4 Storm.jpg had been uploaded by User:Stockercd as his own. Further investigation shows that at least one more picture has been lifted from the original website (www.imfdb.org), which retains copyright. In addition to those two (which I have marked for speedy/copyio), the user has uploaded three more images, all related to guns. I believe it would be prudent to nuke those as well, as there seems to be a pattern of copy violations. I have notified the user.

Yours sincerely,
André Savik
Kudos to Andre and the others for being so diligent! And thanks to the IMFDB members who spotted the piracy to begin with.