View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Yooka

While I appreciate the help, and don't mean to discourage or put you down in anyway, the "commonly accepted" standard for Zombies is based on a book - Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide - (and also World War Z, which is being made into a film next year - so you guys will cover it then ). Those sorts of Zombies are infected/saturated by what is basically a super-alpha sort of virus. It is somehow so toxic, no other life can withstand any contact with it - even the microscopic stuff that decomposes organic tissue. In this way, and in keeping the zombie more solid altogether (for example, their wounds barely splatter, everything just clumps together like old jam), an undead, infected Zombie can survive for 5-10 years before it breaks down enough to be immobilized.

Besides, I'm no forensics expert, but I think before a skull naturally decomposes to the point of brittleness, it has to be dead for many months. That's not a safe assumption for all zombies one might come into contact with.

So yeah, I'm the authority on the fictional, useless half of this debate. I really rock. . Also, I have a father was was a cop, and actually saw a man get shot in the head with a .22 (probably normal or short) from about a car length away, and it just lodged in the man's skull, doing no physical brain damage. So that would be bad against a zombie.