View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkychinaman View Post
I don't get the knee-jerk "eww, girls" opposition to the film.

"I don't like gender being used as a gimmick. This is perfect: they've created a movie beyond reproach. If anyone criticizes it, they're instantly sexist. Nevermind that the jokes fell flat, the Ecto-1 looks even more dated than the original, the premise is absurd and they rely on slap gags--nevermind all of that. If the movie fails--it's not their fault for making a bad movie, it's the fault of the patriarchy for being sexist. There's no universe in which this movie could be criticized without the specter of "sexism" looming in the minds of people who defend it. It's the perfect alibi for failure."

Granted, 'eww girls' might the root of some opposition of the film, but there's plenty of other legitimate shit to criticize as the above quote points out, especially after seeing two trailers (this statement was made back at the first trailer, mind you).

Ultimately, it just looks bad. As I said, I HOPE I'm wrong and it is better than what I'm seeing. Of course I said/desired the same about the RoboCop remake which was also produced by Sony. Bah.

Last edited by StanTheMan; 05-24-2016 at 07:11 PM.