View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 12:49 AM
IMFDB & Forum Admin

I'm not sure I hate Clinton that much either. I mean, I do find his character to be morally reprehensible and I think of him as a sleazy perverted asshole. But his presidency (AWB aside) was a fairly good time for America overall, so from a political standpoint, I don't find him all that bad (for a Democrat, that is). I tend to remember the stability of the Clinton years with a bit of fondness, compared to what we went through under Bush. But of course, those were kind of the salad days for me.

Obama is concerned with the economic crisis. Nobody can accuse him of inaction. It's just that I really don't want to take on this ridiculous debt simply because the Democrats (and, sadly, many Republicans, too) are too afraid to let the market correct itself. I'm not too enthused about seeing our spending increase. (Even with the stimulus check I received in my mailbox which provided me enough to buy another new handgun ).

The mention of the AWB is simply to placate the Mexicans that we're doing something about the cartel wars.