View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 06:31 PM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

The problem with Battle Royale the movie is that it is too short. There is not enough character development between the other kids or even a grasp of what this alternate Japan is really like. The book and the manga however illustrated it very well.

The Hunger Games movie has a problem of being "too safe". A lot of tell, not show. And a lot of shaky camera action. I saw it on IMAX and was dizzy half the time. I think it's a good idea to make it into more than one movie to expand the story.

In the story of Battle Royale, it isn't like the students were broadcast for the whole world to see. They were monitored via satellite but there was no real hint that there was an actual TV show viewed by the public. The Hunger Games makes it seemed like American Gladiator but doing actual gladiatorial combat.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”