View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 02:21 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

First off, this brit is playing on a console, a simulation while this so called SAS is in real life where actual human stamina, and feelings and endurance comes into play. In the game world, there is no endurance, no stress, no sound, nothing to bother the player besides scratching his ass and rubbing his eyes. You don't take fall damage when you jump off, unlike real life where if you jump down from that high up, you'll feel it and you'll slow down.

Also the weapon the SAS guy was using was NOT an MP5, it was a semi-auto GSG5, a .22LR clone of an MP5. The MP5 in the game was the shorter MP5K and it is a full automatic weapon. That's a difference in range, firepower and select fire.

Also, PC gamers of MW2 can beat the Pit in 30 seconds because of the sensitivity of the mouse and keyboard compared to a console controller.

You also have to take into account that in real life, you wouldn't "run" through a course like that by literally running through it like you do in a game. In a game, you don't matter if your tactics is stupid by charging ahead. Shooting on the move in real life drastically affects accuracy, while in the game, shooting on the run has little effect on accuracy.

And seriously, a gamer who beats a course on a game while a real pro does it in real life...no match at all. This little show is stupid and pointless.

And I heard it, Gears of War is not an FPS.

This is all I have to say about this British shit show. Knows nothing about guns and obviously nothing about real combat. Yeah, a sniper doesn't do this kind of shooting. Sure he would have had training in a course like this, but he's a sniper.

I played this exact same match up on my PC. 30.5 seconds using the MP5K and I didn't even reload once. I emptied the entire mag and at the very end of the course, I ran out and drew my USP. I've seen someone do it in 24.5 seconds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HftaNSA3a4

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”

Last edited by Excalibur; 03-25-2010 at 02:25 AM.