View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
The Vanquish should work, but I'm not sure she needs long-range firepower. She's great in close quarters, but I doubt she has any long-range skill. Also, she should still have Marissa's Walther PP (.32 ACP) with suppressor and shoulder holster. I'd get her a Luger P08 as well, she had one in Finland and is might be nice to have one now. Same with a bow, she knows how to use one and going Robin Hood on bad guys is cool.
Actually, I think with practice, a long-ranged attacked wouldn't be too hard for her. Real-life sniping is, after all, largely a matter of having a complex understanding of physics, geometry, and all the little variables in you own equipment. Given the sort of education she had while she and Eric were sequestered in the forest, I wouldn't put it past him to have made sure she was educated in those things. But the more I think about it, maybe giving her a compound bow would be a better choice than a sniper rifle. Maybe a custom-made one with a scope and laser rangefinder.

I was planning to have her trade Marissa's Walther PP (it was the .380 version, by the way) along with the cash needed to obtain her new weapons from a black market arms dealer (I seriously doubt she'd want to keep it). She would still keep her father's Beretta and Luger, but keep them in her home as momentos rather than use them.

Quote:
Slightly off-topic, but does she have friends in the fanfic? Aside from the bonus of having a second person to watch your back, she's still a naive teen with very little idea how the world works. She could seriously use a big-sister sidekick. I'd give her 2 buddies. Ass-kicking big sister type to cover her six in combat (two is always better than one) and teach her how the world-and, more importantly, boys- work. And a slightly nerdish type (male or female) to act as driver (fast getaways are nice) and be the adult of the group.
Since I scrapped the idea of making this a crossover with "Kick-Ass," I was planning to have her still be rather hesitant to get close to people, although she is still in contact with that family she met in the film. She has a job working as a delivery girl at a restaurant in Queens. She has a small apartment a block or so away. This takes place a year after the movie, making her 17 and thus a legal adult in New York. In that time, she's learned how to ride a motorcycle, gotten a GED, committed to memory various maps of NYC, and learned how to convert semi-automatic firearms to full-auto.

Quote:
That said, they should try to follow the law. Try to avoid full-auto, and put all the suppressors and any SBR/SBS in an NFA trust. AR pistols could work as a substitute for assault rifles sometimes.

Yes, I just gave her 3 more guns, a bow, and 2 more people to give guns. But by herself, she can't do too much and remember, she can't even get a hotel room, too young.

SBR, SBS, NFA Trust, I don't know what ANY of those things are.