View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 10:18 PM

Default If this gun could talk....

It wouldn't, because the stories it could tell are probably still classified. I just received a HAFDASA Ballester-Molina .45 out of the very large personal collection of the guy who own's Canada's biggest gun company. What makes it special is that it was part of a run for the British in 1940-1942 that was intended for the Special Operations Executive, who did all sorts of dirty jobs in occupied Europe. As such it wasn't marked with any of the usual British stamps, they can only be identifed by a second serial number with a B prefix on the right of the frame. Some are also believed to have been diverted to the 8th Army in North Africa, however they would likely have been British proofed.

There's some interesting pitting on the left of the slide that's not consistent with the wear on the rest of the gun, and is definately not caused by improper storage or holster wear. I suspect either sweat or, though I'm always very reluctant to make this assessment on a gun, blood. Definately adds to the mystique!