View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 03:17 AM

A gun's fault has nothing to do with it's country of origin. A stamp on the slide has nothing to do with build quality. It all depends on the materials that go into it. Since acquiring this Beretta I've done some research, and I've found that most, if not all, of the failed 92Fs that broke during military testing were American (or in some cases French) made guns. Like MT2008 said, America would rather sell a lot of okay guns than make a lot of good ones (especially in the military's case, lowest bidder and whatnot). The Italian guns, old or not, are generally of better build quality and will last for tens of thousands of rounds, whereas the early American guns were more likely to fail or require replacement parts, the reason they modified from the SB to the F, and then again to the FS. Lucky for me mine is Italian made, and while that doesn't certify that it will work flawlessly (or blow up in my face because it is Italian and I am American), it makes me feel better about the gun knowing it was made with quality parts.

Furthermore it's one thing to like or hate something because it's a good or bad product, and another to like or hate it because of where it comes from. I've seen a S&W revolver jam, yes a REVOLVER jam up, rendering it a blunt object, but that doesn't mean I don't trust S&W revolvers, or my 19-5. Something just went wrong in a freak accident. Nothing is perfect, some guns are just great, some alright, some just plain shit, but the country they come from doesn't affect that at all. Quit being a nationalist already.