View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&Wshooter View Post
Yeah, but shooting normal guns left-handed won't eject brass straight into your face or smack you in the jaw with the bolt handle
I don't know of any bullpup with a bolt handle that reciprocates and/or is placed close enough to hit someone in the face. And shooting a normal AR may in fact pelt you in the face with brass anyway. They really like to eject almost straight back, even with a brass deflector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Also to be a proficient shooter, you HAVE to learn how to shoot with both hands. So the debate of all guns are for right handed is moot point when right handed people are supposed to be training themselves to shoot with the other hand in the first place.
"Being a proficient shooter" has a million different meanings to a million different people, and I'm doubtful that many are even close to proficient with their non-dominant hand as they are with their dominant hand. I agree that the ability to shoot with your non-dominant hand is a very valuable trait to have, especially if you're talking defensive situations, but it's necessity is weighed down by individual perceptions of proficiency, and of course the cost of ammo and time needed to train your non-dominant hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
Also to be a proficient shooter, you HAVE to learn how to shoot with both hands. So the debate of all guns are for right handed is moot point when right handed people are supposed to be training themselves to shoot with the other hand in the first place.