Thread: Pimp my gun
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 04:13 AM

Modular Combat Carbine (working name, I'm trying to come up with something more military-ish) I created for a story I'm working on centering on a PMC operating in a fictional war-torn Middle Eastern nation, since no existing platform fit what I wanted in terms of capability and appearance (not the first time I've created a fictional weapon, but I always follow the rule of plausibility). It's going to be the basis for a whole family of small arms akin to the LWRC SRT series in that it consists of a standard carbine with a 14.5-inch barrel, a CQB carbine with a 13-inch barrel (the shortest I could make with the SPR barrel and muzzle brake), an infantry automatic rifle with a 16-inch barrel, and a designated marksman rifle also with a 16-inch barrel. In its basic form, it's an updated M4A1 (obviously) chambered in 6.8x43mm with a short-stroke gas piston operating system, KAC URX II free-float rail system capable of mounting the standard M203 grenade launcher without special tools (at least, as far as I know...), 14.5-inch SPR profile heavyweight barrel tipped with an OPS, Inc. muzzle brake and collar, Precision Reflex, Inc. folding front sight, and ARMS #40L folding rear sight (I think). Firing modes on all variants (including the DMR) are safe/semi/fully automatic.

RIP Kevin Conroy, the one true Batman

Last edited by Spartan198; 09-19-2009 at 12:44 AM.