View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 07:44 AM
IMFDB Admin

Send a message via AIM to Excalibur Send a message via MSN to Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to Excalibur

A pistol is not really your primary weapon in hunting. That's what shotguns and rifles are for, but merely a backup weapon. A bear comes running towards you, you might be able to get one shot off your rifle, if it's a bolt action before it is in your face. Rather than running, you best draw your sidearm and empty it as fast as you can pull the trigger. The shear amount of lead coming into the bear, especially at close range, would put it down. Contrary to what some might say that a little pistol would have no effect on a bear, it's just fur and skin. A bear doesn't have plated armor. Bullets of most typical caliber in handguns will hurt and kill bears if they are in the effective range. They'd at least stop charging, because you are giving them pain.

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle
Psalm 144:1

“It is always wrong to use force, unless it is more wrong not to.”